The clocks went back last night and this morning you had two choices:
- Get up at your usual time and have an extra hour in bed sleeping
- Get up an hour earlier than usual and have extra hour awake living
What if you had this choice every day? Would you do more of the things that matter? Or would you just sleep it off?
Ironically, you do have this choice every day. Think of everything you do that wastes time:
- Checking your phone,
- Checking your emails,
- Checking Facebook,
- Checking Twitter,
- Taking 5 minutes longer in the shower,
- Tackling that extra Soduko on the bog,
- Watching that program on TV that you don’t really like, but hey, it’s on.
- Hitting ‘snooze’
- Playing Candy Crush
- Playing FIFA
- Playing more or less any online game
- Looking in the fridge
- Reading red top newspapers
Imagine if you stopped doing those little, unproductive things, or even if you just woke up an hour earlier each day, you’d give yourself an extra working day every week, nearly an extra working week every month and an extra month and a half every year!
How much more would you accomplish with that extra time?